Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

神 Kamikaze 風 Ohka 2 - Can you help the FAA Museum?

Article about: The Fleet Air Arm museum at Yeovilton is after a bit of help with one their exhibits BBC News - Somerset museum seeks kamikaze insignia translation help Naval Aviation Museum, Royal Navy Hel

Guy-san,

有り難う御座いました。

Arigatou-gozaimash!ta. (Thank you)

Taka

Hope they will make a good restoration work on this bird. I'm very anxious to see the original look of it.

I really want to visit the military museums from all over the world someday, but to bad I don't have enough time and fuel for my "war effort".

?

Well done helping them out.

Quote by SHINDENKAI View Post
    I really want to visit the military museums from all over the world someday, but to bad I don't have enough time and fuel for my "war effort".
    You have my sympathy.
    Its basically what I do (visiting museums all over the World as a hobby) and its very rewarding.
    Certainly not in an economic sence, but in regards to the fantastic planes, vehicles and items on display.

Here a pic I snapped of the Ohka at the National Museum of the Air Force.

Notice how artfully I composed the pic, so the Ohka seems to be emerging from the gloom like a dark messenger!!*

*Not really - the puny flash on the puny pocket camera that I brought on that trip simply couldnt illuminate the dark shadows in the not very well lit museum display and made for a hopelessly dark photo. Ive since learned my lesson and brought a DSLR and a proper pro flash for when museums for some unfathomable reason deceides to keep their displays in semi-lit shadows.

Ohka walkarounds
    1. Untitled Document

2. Tim Hortman's MXY7-K2 2 seat

3. Ohka Photos by Mike Swinburn

4. Graham_Causer Ki-100 (Cosford - many pics).

5. Katsushi Owaki's Ohka Photos

6. Ohka Walkaround (Yasakuni)

7. Rick Geithmann's Ki-43 Oscar Photos (USAF Museum - as below. Before, during and after resto).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 神 Kamikaze 風 Ohka 2 - Can you help the FAA Museum?  

Nice Ohka trainer (with skid) photo!

Taka

?

That access panel in original paint looks like mine

Did you get that panel through WAF, Jareth-san?

Regards,
    Taka

?

Yes. Bought it off WAF from a post. Got the front & rear sights as well! Not too many around !

Hi Taka-San
    Here's a bird that may interest you
    Saburo Sakai's A6M2 Serial number V-173 which is displayed in the Australian War Memorials Aircraft Hall in Canberra.

神 Kamikaze 風 Ohka 2 - Can you help the FAA Museum?

I hope you like her.

All the best
    Dave

Thank you for the info Dave-san!

She is very beautiful.

Cheers!
    Taka

Quote by Jareth View Post
    Yes. Bought it off WAF from a post. Got the front & rear sights as well! Not too many around !
    I don't know if it's the same one but, I sent him a pm that I' m interested in it, I even set a price, and he agreed the deal.

However when it came to method of payment, I suggest bank to bank transfer, but nothing came from him after all, I lost the battle but o well.....

Regards,
    Taka

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast