MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Kamikaze pilot headband

Article about: by SHINDENKAI ...It refers to more than two people because they were joined in the same academy same time as a group. And correct me if I'm wrong, Taka-san ... the speaker is senior to the o

Quote by SHINDENKAI View Post
    Fantastic reference! Thank you, Guy-San!

Cheers!
    Taka
    Taka-san, glad to hear you liked it.

--Guy

Quote by ghp95134 View Post
    Hi Bob,

I just copied your very informative response to Nyle Monday who wrote the article in the Journal of Historic Diving. He was trying to come up with a list of Fukuryu members. Did Sasano-san ever give you names of others in his group?

Thanks,
    --Guy
    Hi Guy-san,

Not sure it helps, but here are two famous Japanese people who were in Fukuryuu unit.

1.) Noboru Ando (安藤 昇) - A former Yakuza movie actor. He joined in the Navy as Yokaren when he was 18 (1944), and June of 1945, he was volunteered and join the Fukuryuu unit based in Kurihama, Kanagawa Prefecture. With harsh training, he was able to survive the war two months later. Noboru Ando - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kamikaze pilot headband Photo of Noboru Ando

2.) Shiroyama Saburou 城山 三郎 (1927-2007) - A novel writer. Joined the Navy as 海軍特別幹部練習生 (Kaigunn Tokubetsu Kan-bu Rensyuu-sei) - Navy Special executive Trainee (For those who are not able to join the Yokaren -members were full). The war ended while he was in training.

Kamikaze pilot headband Photo of Saburou Shiroyama.

Kamikaze pilot headband His novels.

Regards,
    Taka

THANKS!!!!! Taka-san, I'll send this info to my friend just in case he doesn't know.

Many thanks, m(_ . _)m

Guy
    [LIKE - LIKE - LIKE ]

You are welcome, Guy-San!

Taka

I brought my kamikaze headband to the Max show and a gentleman also by the name of Taka told me the writing on the headband was 2 parts to a song and the headband was produced post war..due to the style and nature of the construction and printing. Possible made also for returning GIs. Still not a loss to me as I only paid $20 many years ago. A nice display item regardless
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    I brought my kamikaze headband to the Max show and a gentleman also by the name of Taka told me the writing on the headband was 2 parts to a song and the headband was produced post war..due to the style and nature of the construction and printing. Possible made also for returning GIs. Still not a loss to me as I only paid $20 many years ago. A nice display item regardless
    I should go to some of these U.S. Shows someday. I miss the April Calgary Military/Gun Show.

Thank you for the interesting news, Larry-san!

Kind regards,
    Taka

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6