Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Kamikaze pilot headband

Article about: by SHINDENKAI ...It refers to more than two people because they were joined in the same academy same time as a group. And correct me if I'm wrong, Taka-san ... the speaker is senior to the o

Default Kamikaze pilot headband

Hey Gents...I have had this Headband for a long time as i picked it up at a fleamarket for $20...25yrs ago. I have posted this on another forum and also brought it to the Max Show to see what kind of worth it might have. Unfortunately no one could put a price tag on it..as it was also commented that this head band with ( i assume ) with a complete prayer when unfolded was given also to factory workers as a sign of pariotism. I know we have some Japanese Gentlemen here along with Japanese enthiusists who may be able to shed some light and some more given history on this head band. The fabric has ben black light tested and comes up negative for flourescent....also noticeably by an elder seamstress in town where I live has also commented that the black specs seen on the fabric is remnants of Cotton seed.
    Below are not so great photos but should be decent enough to provide a good view for comment. I will be bringing this again to the Max show this October. I am hopeful for a translation as I was advised by a close friend..that it could be worth something because of the prayer or what ever is written on the head band. Best regards Larry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kamikaze pilot headband   Kamikaze pilot headband  

Kamikaze pilot headband   Kamikaze pilot headband  

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi larry, a headband exactly like this sold on emedals not too long, and I mean exactly the same, it sold fast like within a day of being posted. let me know if you need help finding it or need a link.

?

I owned exact head band years ago & did extensive research. I had it translated by at least three Japanese. Sorry, but it is a head band given to aircraft factory workers by an admistrator/official. NOT a pilots

?

Still a great piece. Frame it up, would look great on the wall.

What I need to find out is the translation of the prayer ..is it a goodbye prayer or a wish you well prayer. This could set the stage for its worth. Until there is a translation..the factory worker idea has to be held in thought..for the moment as we still do not know if this was unissued for a pilot. I am hopeful for our Japanese reading and speaking counter parts who can translate this writing. Thankyou Jareth for your insight..it is a step in a forward direction.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

同期の桜(櫻) (Douki No Sakura) - Same Cherry Blossom. In this case cherry blossom resemble the IJN Yokaren (Naval Aviator Preparatory Course Trainee), so meaning the trainee that join in the Yokaren at the same time (Classmates). The writings on the headband are in fact partial lyrics of the song. <軍æ*Œï¼žåŒæœŸã®æ¡œ - YouTube

一、 貴様と俺とは___同期の桜_____同じ兵学校の___庭に咲く  

1. (Kisama to Ore to Wa___Douki no Sakura_____Oonaji Heigakkou no___Niwa ni saaku) (You and me are the same Sakura. Blooming in the garden at the same military academy.)

咲いた花なら___散るのは覚悟_____みごと散りましょう___国のため

(Saita Hana nara___ Chiru nowa Kakugou_____Migoto Chirimashou___ Kuni no Tame) (The flower which bloomed should well prepared to fall. Lets fall wonderfully, for our country.)

二、貴様と俺とは___同期の桜_____同じ兵学校の___庭に咲く

2. (Kisama to Ore to Wa___Douki no Sakura_____Oonaji Heigakkou no ___Niwa ni saaku) (You and me are the same Sakura. Blooming in the garden at the same military academy.)

血肉分けたる___仲ではないか_____なぜか気が合うて___別れられぬ

(Chi Niku Waketaru___Naka dewa naika_____Nazeka Kiga oute___Wakarerarenu) (Not the same flesh and blood, we are still comrades. For some reason we get along and would not like to separate.)

This song was favorite amongst Kamikaze pilots, and later to a popular military song (Gunka).

There are more after, so I will post the rest afterwords.

Regards,
    Taka
    Last edited by SHINDENKAI; 08-21-2013 at 03:54 AM.

part of the prayer

同期 の桜
    Doki no Sakura

貴様と俺とは同期 の桜
    Anata-sama to ore to wa doki no sakura
    you and I have the same term as a cherry blossom

..... I quit!!!!

Shindenkai is much FASTER and more ACCURATE than I.

Actually .... I'm thankful to you, Shindenaki.

edit: Heck! in my notes I wrote down "Kisama" .... dunno why I wrote "anatasama".

You both are great and much appreciated here

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

It does, indeed, sound quite applicable to a war plane factory worker. If it had been to a Pilot, I would have expected much different words. Either way, it's a superb piece and certainly highly sought after.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by SHINDENKAI View Post
    [SIZE=5]
    一、 貴様と俺とは 同期の桜  同じ航空隊の 庭に咲く

1. (Kisama to Ore to Wa Douki no Sakura Oonaji Kōkū-tai no Niwanisaaku) (You and me are the same Sakura. Blooming in the garden at the same Aviation Group.)
    Shindenkai,

失礼 致しました が,

I think you might have put the lyrics of the song here. The hachimaki says "same aviation group". I added it in green. I just noticed the second stanza, line two: same wording "aviation group" vice military academy."

--Guy

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast