Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Kanji Translation

Article about: Guys, could you give me a little help on this Kanji translation. This is off of the Japanese Type 93 Model 2 Imperial Japanese Landing Force gasmask. Thanks in advance. Michael

MAP
    ?

Default Kanji Translation

Guys, could you give me a little help on this Kanji translation. This is off of the Japanese Type 93 Model 2 Imperial Japanese Landing Force gasmask.

Thanks in advance.

Michael

Kanji Translation
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Maybe I reading this wrong, and it would not be the first time!!!But here you go " If found return to AZPhil"

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Maybe I reading this wrong, and it would not be the first time!!!But here you go " If found return to AZPhil"

Semper Fi
    Phil
    But no return address. Post your address right here and I'll make sure it gets to you....

LoL! That was good Phil! Now, smarty pants, go look at my other post....

What is this???

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

㐧四分隊
    Dai Yon Buntai
    4th Squad

{number} is an abbreviated version of

I cannot figure out the marked-out kanji, but it looks like

Takikaki
    [A surname, translates as "waterfall fence".]

However, I'm not certain about the part because I do not see the "dragon's tail" curling out from the bottom.

--Guy

MAP
    ?

Thanks Guy

Big help. So appears this was issues and maybe twice. But obviously never used. It is in absolutely pristine condition. All the better.

Michael

MAP
    ?

Guy,

Quick follow up. Is Dai Yon Buntai a person?

Regards,

Michael

Quote by MAP View Post
    Guy,

Quick follow up. Is Dai Yon Buntai a person?

Regards,

Michael
    Michael,

No -- it means "4th Squad"

--Guy

MAP
    ?

Quote by ghp95134 View Post
    Michael,

No -- it means "4th Squad"

--Guy
    Doh! Such a Homer on my part. I get it now.

Thanks!

Michael

?

Well since Guy already told you what it really said there is no need for my return addy( Thanks Guy) Michael is did reply to your other thread and await you reply!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Well since Guy already told you what it really said there is no need for my return addy( Thanks Guy) Michael is did reply to your other thread and await you reply!
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    And I replied...unfortunately it is fixed in place and I don't have Arisaka ammo or stripper clips (a shame but of all my military guns I only shoot the Garand and Springfield) but I could try some 30-06