Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Katanas WW2 opinions?

Article about: I leave a video of each of the Katana pra me you can say whether this is an original piece or simple reproductions, also I would if I could you provide guidance on the price to make a fair o

Default Katanas WW2 opinions?

I leave a video of each of the Katana pra me you can say whether this is an original piece or simple reproductions, also I would if I could you provide guidance on the price to make a fair offer to the seller. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trH3aqGXivc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab4jjXdYwG4

The first sword is the late model IJA officer mounting with machine made blade. The second sword is poorly made and is either a theater made sword or a poor reproduction. In either case, #2 is not worth buying.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thank you very much, then it is a sword check with different pieces, a Frankenstein?

?

Quote by Gibello View Post
    Thank you very much, then it is a sword check with different pieces, a Frankenstein?
    The IJA Officer sword has seppa on it that do not belong with that kind of sword and is missing the type of seppa that do. It would be difficult to find appropriate replacements in my view.

The second sword is in my view a Chinese reproduction. Those kanji on the blade are a red flag.

As I mentioned on WAF I'd pass them both by. Just a word of advice, we need to see the nakago (tang) before offering much more.

Regards,
    Stu