Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

kikusui floating chrysanthemum sewn pocket tag on japanese uniform (tunic) with scarf

Article about: Just curious as to what the kikusu stamp and numbers mean on this particular tunic? Does it appear legit or does it look like a collector added this to make it look like a period kamikaze un

Default kikusui floating chrysanthemum sewn pocket tag on japanese uniform (tunic) with scarf

Just curious as to what the white pocket tag with kikusu stamp and numbers mean on this particular tunic? Does it look legit or did someone add this to make it appear like a period kamikaze uniform? Also, can anyone tell from the photo if the scarf is a repro.
    This item is not in my possession - I did my best with the photo close-ups

Thanks, D.

kikusui floating chrysanthemum sewn pocket tag on japanese uniform (tunic) with scarf

Last edited by godzilla2007; 01-12-2018 at 04:07 AM.

- - ------- - -

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture kikusui floating chrysanthemum sewn pocket tag on japanese uniform (tunic) with scarf  

some additional info and photos on the kikusui.

The Kikusui ("Floating Chrysanthemum") raids, a series of ten large kamikaze suicide raids carried out by Imperial Japanese Navy and Imperial Japanese Army aircraft against Allied ships off Okinawa in 1945

Last edited by godzilla2007; 12-23-2018 at 07:33 PM.

Looks like a movie Extra rental from Cupman Costumes Ltd. You should have taken a photo of the folded over side of the tag, if you were serious about authentication.

Thanks Nick. Yes, I bet they (the person selling it) made sure to photograph the tag in such a way as to not allow the viewer to authenticate. Looks like someone already purchased the movie prop so I can not ask the seller to take additional photos. The

Just a side note - seller stated: "Estate find and the story goes, the veteran that owned this served in the Aleutian Island campaign. I know it's just the story, but wanted to add all information that I have in regards to this uniform. "

i have already seen this uniform for selling a time ago

It appears the "costume prop" is making it's rounds on the market as buyers find out it is a prop then re-sell attempting to recoup their purchase price. I was not considering purchasing this particular tunic but was curious about it -especially the pocket tag. Some of these repro\props look pretty good to an untrained eye but once Nick, Guy, MAP and other knowledgeable members take a look at it they uncover what it really is...

I have been reading Nick Komiya's pinned posts and am learning quite a bit. I was almost "educated the hard way" twice with Good Luck flags but Nick steered me in the right direction and saved me a few $'s

If you are not a WRF Club member, consider becoming one.

-Thanks again to all!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast