Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Late War Squared Pommel Type 30 Bayonet

Article about: Greetings all, This is very rough in construction. Straight quillon with a squared pommel, this Type 30 was made at Toyoda Jidoshoki Seisakusho (Toyoda Automatic Loom Works) under Nagoya sup

Default Late War Squared Pommel Type 30 Bayonet

Greetings all,

This is very rough in construction. Straight quillon with a squared pommel, this Type 30 was made at Toyoda Jidoshoki Seisakusho (Toyoda Automatic Loom Works) under Nagoya supervision, late in the war. The leather frog appeared to be attached to the sheath for a long time, until some drongo tried to carefully remove it and it broke off

This is without a doubt, the most rudimentary bayonet I own - The scabbard is very roughly constructed, with no markings. Things must have been desperate!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Late War Squared Pommel Type 30 Bayonet   Late War Squared Pommel Type 30 Bayonet  

Late War Squared Pommel Type 30 Bayonet   Late War Squared Pommel Type 30 Bayonet  

Late War Squared Pommel Type 30 Bayonet   Late War Squared Pommel Type 30 Bayonet  

MAP
    ?

Nice but as you say rough. Most I see are like this. Not sure why. Maybe the quality of the steel used.

I wonder when they transitioned over to the bamboo scabbard.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Very late war. Just prior to the pole bayonets they made for the final stand off. The frog has me though.

Nice late war example that would look great with a "last ditch" Type 99 rifle!

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    I wonder when they transitioned over to the bamboo scabbard.
    Great question Mike and one maybe our esteemed Nick Komiya could educate us about.

Semper Fi
    Phil