Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

late wooden handle and scabbard type 95 sword

Article about: Hi all! Does anyone have an example to compare to these pics? I'm trying to determine if this is a reproduction sword, and would like others input on the throat and retaining screws. Also ha

?

Default late wooden handle and scabbard type 95 sword

Hi all!

Does anyone have an example to compare to these pics? I'm trying to determine if this is a reproduction sword, and would like others input on the throat and retaining screws. Also has anyone come across a handle that seems to be made from one piece instead of two half's?

late wooden handle and scabbard type 95 swordlate wooden handle and scabbard type 95 swordlate wooden handle and scabbard type 95 swordlate wooden handle and scabbard type 95 sword[ATTACH=CONFIG]777658

thanks for looking!

?

This sword , in my opinion is 100% genuine.
    My understanding is that the handle is still made of 2 halves as the earlier models (with steel scabbards) were.
    Some do appear to be single piece construction, however, they are usually the ones in the better of conditions,
    others just appear with a hint of a joint mark along the top/bottom edges where shrinkage has taken place to reveal the 2 piece construction. In the worst cases, major cracks have developed, usually between the mounting screws and locking mechanism.
    Ern

?

I agree that the throat and retaining screws look good and believe that if you take a really close look at the wood handle (tsuka) you will see that it's two pieces.

As for your comment about trying to determine if the sword is a reproduction or not I suggest you post some photos of it and we will comment further.

Regards,
    Stu

?

Having another look at your pics, i'm curious... is the serial number in the 300k range?
    Can you add some more pics of the whole sword, handle, blade, scabbard and serial numbers?
    Cheers
    Ern