Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Looking for saburo sakai autograph and zero relics

Article about: Hey fellas! Been a while since I posted on warrelics! Glad to be back and greeting to all! I just wanted to know if anyone knows a reputable dealer/seller of ww2 aviation autographs! I'm loo

Default Looking for saburo sakai autograph and zero relics

Hey fellas!
    Been a while since I posted on warrelics! Glad to be back and greeting to all!
    I just wanted to know if anyone knows a reputable dealer/seller of ww2 aviation autographs!
    I'm looking for saburo sakai's autograph which I really want! However, because there are so many forgeries within the autograph collecting hobby that I must be very careful. I collect celebrity autographs so I am very aware of some dirt that goes around in this kind of hobby. Also, I'm looking for a6m zero relics or small parts. I've been searching around with no luck for the past year. Im hoping you guys can give me some leads for those illusive zero parts!
    Thanks in advance
    -andrew

Default Re: Looking for saburo sakai autograph and zero relics

I am not a dealer, but I met Mr. Sakai in 1981 at an Air Force Ball on Misawa Air Base, Japan. He autographed photographs that night and I have one. These were not pre-signed photographs. He signed them that night.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sakai.jpg 
Views:	6867 
Size:	225.0 KB 
ID:	502937

I don't know if this is comparable to what you want, but I'd be happy to part with it. It's been in a manila folder since the night he signed it and, since I have the experience to remember, I'd rather someone have it to display.

I have no specific provenance, but I can provide you with documentation that I was at Misawa and the dates I was there.

I haven't a clue what to ask for it, so make me an offer if you'd like to have it.

Andrew,
    Are you still looking for an autographed photo of Saburo Sakai? I have one and it is genuine. I am a former US Navy helicopter pilot and was stationed at NAF Atsugi, Japan from 1999 - 2002. Saburo-san used to visit our base from time to time. Before he died in 2000, he was at our officers club one night. A friend of mine had a large, black and white, WWII photo of Saburo and he signed that night at the o-club. Before my friend shipped back to the states he gave it to me. He wasn't really interested in it. I've been carrying it around since 2002. I put it in a frame to protect it. I would like to keep it - it is so cool and unique. But my wife doesn't want it hung up anywhere. I know it will make someone else very happy - someone who truly appreciates it. So I've started looking for collectors who would be interested in it. If you are let me know. I can send you some pics if you like. I have no way of verifying its authenticity other than to say I was there that night and saw him sign it. I'm sure you can have the picture of the autograph verified somehow. Anyways, let me know your thoughts.

Best Regards,
    Chris U