Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Muzzle cover.

Article about: Can anyone tell me if this is good and for what rifle it is intended and can the markings be identified? I've searched for this and have not had a lot of luck with gaining much information.

Default Muzzle cover.

Can anyone tell me if this is good and for what rifle it is intended and can the markings be identified? I've searched for this and have not had a lot of luck with gaining much information. Many thanks for any help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Muzzle cover.   Muzzle cover.  

Muzzle cover.   Muzzle cover.  

?

Yes, it is Japanese Arisaka Type 38, used on the very early rifle sight. The front sight was curved inward with no wings. The first cover was slipped on and then the locking piece went on and secured it to the rifle.
    Kaydee

Quote by Bonecollector View Post
    Can anyone tell me if this is good and for what rifle it is intended and can the markings be identified? I've searched for this and have not had a lot of luck with gaining much information. Many thanks for any help.

It’s a Good one and a hard to find item.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Quote by kaydee View Post
    Yes, it is Japanese Arisaka Type 38, used on the very early rifle sight. The front sight was curved inward with no wings. The first cover was slipped on and then the locking piece went on and secured it to the rifle.
    Kaydee
    Many thanks for this information. Japanese items don't seem to be easy to find information on.

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    It’s a Good one and a hard to find item.

Marty
    Many thanks Marty for your information. I only have a few Japanese items and this was found in a boot sale so quite a good find.

Neat Piece! Thanks for sharing.

Geoff

?

Bonecollector,
    These pop up on Ebay often. Most are coming out of Russia from WWI and WWII. Some are in very good condition some are War dug and very bad condition. I have one on my very early Type 38. This is the only rifle it will work on. It looks like someone tried t put it on another later Arisaka. Not that great of condition.
    kaydee

Quote by kaydee View Post
    Bonecollector,
    These pop up on Ebay often. Most are coming out of Russia from WWI and WWII. Some are in very good condition some are War dug and very bad condition. I have one on my very early Type 38. This is the only rifle it will work on. It looks like someone tried t put it on another later Arisaka. Not that great of condition.
    kaydee
    Thank you again. Any ideas as to the markings? I've tried to find a source for these but no luck.

?

Here 3 examples, the small one is for the Type 30, but the type 38 if used only the external part can be used for type 38 and type 99 rifle.

Muzzle cover.

Muzzle cover.

Interesting items. They are simple but versatile by the looks of it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast