Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My 2nd Japanese Medal

Article about: I just picked up this cased Order of the Rising Sun 7th class medal. It will be a nice companion piece with my 8th class. I'm really digging collecting Japanese awards!

Default My 2nd Japanese Medal

I just picked up this cased Order of the Rising Sun 7th class medal. It will be a nice companion piece with my 8th class. I'm really digging collecting Japanese awards!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My 2nd Japanese Medal   My 2nd Japanese Medal  

My 2nd Japanese Medal  

Nice 7th set in great condition. Indeed, they are
    addictive, and so beautiful - especially the
    enameled ones.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Thank you Walkwolf. This medal set also came with the original letter of appreciation with it.they are of superb quality!

Is the letter also with a postwar date?

It's in Japanese. I will post

Default Loa

Here's the letter that came with it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My 2nd Japanese Medal   My 2nd Japanese Medal  

The fellow I bought it from did tell me it was post WW2. However, it met my budget for it was $20 for the set. I noticed the case is totally different than the 8th class one I have that is WW2 ear. No latch, and the inside felt and lining are different

The citation is dated April 29th 1940 for the China Incident, when Army Sergeant Oda won the 7th class Golden Kite and the Rising Sun 7th class. However, the Rising Sun and case are both postwar pieces though original. So they were put together recently. Note that the box has a spring-loaded lid and the medal has no enamel finish on the rear side, which are clear signs of post war vintage.

Thank you Nick. I did buy a 7th class Golden kite order from him to. I paid $80 for it. It's great to find someone to translate the citation 👍

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast