Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

My Fledgling Japanese Medal Collection

Article about: by Stu W Hi Joe, Looks like a nice Sen-sho (for wounds suffered in battle) Wound Badge you have there. Now you need the Ko-sho (non battle related) to go with it. I've read that many soldier

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Thanks, Guy!

I'm kind of embarrassed to say so... but these medals are still somewhat of a mystery to me. Would you mind telling me what had to be done to earn them? Specifically, the rising sun and sacred treasure. All I'm finding is: "Civilian or Military service to the emperor..."
    Gizmo,

All I can find is "... awarded to either military or civilian personnel for meritorious service....."

We'll have to wait for a knowledgeable collector to fill us in.

--Guy

Edit: Orders and Medal Society of America: "This order is awarded depending on rank, and this being the lowest grade, it would have been awarded to privates or low civil servants."

?

Hi Joe,

Great start on your award collection. I'm going to suggest you get yourself a copy of the following OMSA publication. It's a must for military medal collectors and is quite affordable. If your taste venture into civilian or cross over (Red Cross) awards the second book is also a great resource.

Regards,
    Stu
    My Fledgling Japanese Medal CollectionMy Fledgling Japanese Medal Collection

Nice selection, and a good start Joe.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks, Guy, Stu, and Steve!

These were just added for cheap:
    My Fledgling Japanese Medal CollectionMy Fledgling Japanese Medal Collection

The extra Russo-Japanese war medal will be grouped with my sword with ancestral blade in Russo-Japanese war mount.

The WWI, Russo-Japanese War, Enthronement and Census medals were a group buy that included a late war Nagoya T30 bayonet. Everything for $150.

And my last purchase for a while:

Order of the Sacred Treasure:

Joe ... it looks like your "fledgling" has sprouted mature wings and is taking off! Nice (^__^)v

--Guy

Hi Guy, THANKS!

For anyone looking to add Japanese awards and decorations to their collection, I HIGHLY recommend Japanese ebay. I purchased some of these medals for as cheap $15 and shipping is as cheap as $8!!

This REALLY needs to be my last purchase for a while. All of the items seen here were picked up for about $100:

My Fledgling Japanese Medal CollectionMy Fledgling Japanese Medal CollectionMy Fledgling Japanese Medal Collection

Japanese wound badge, rifle proficiency badge, retired soldier badge, and sake cup. Plus, identification paperwork.
    Last edited by GIZMO8Z; 09-03-2013 at 01:53 AM.

?

Hi Joe,

Looks like a nice Sen-sho (for wounds suffered in battle) Wound Badge you have there. Now you need the Ko-sho (non battle related) to go with it. I've read that many soldiers got the Ko-sho upon contracting malaria.

Regards,
    Stu

?

Joe great start can't wait to see it done . Gary

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast