Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

My new japanese type 90 helmet shell!!!!

Article about: Hey fellas, just wanted to share with you guys my new Japanese type 90 helmet I bought at a antique store in Ventura California. Please let me know what you guys think. Im curious about the

Default My new japanese type 90 helmet shell!!!!

Hey fellas,

just wanted to share with you guys my new Japanese type 90 helmet I bought at a antique store in Ventura California. Please let me know what you guys think. Im curious about the red or orange primer paint that seems to be between the tan paint on the outside and black steel at the base of the shell. did the Japanese ever use a layer of primer in this color under that tan paint?

also, I was told the star is original, but I have a feeling it's a reproduction..... any thoughts? thanks for looking!

also here is a Japanese compass for an aircraft that I found at another antique store in santa Barbara. Is the tag attached to the compass a capture tag from the US military? it looked very similar to another tag I saw on a pic somewhere.

thanks for viewing!

-Andrew

?

Default Re: My new japanese type 90 helmet shell!!!!

I can't add any info as to the paint, however the star looks to be original, IMO . It's the same as the one on my helmet anyway.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new japanese type 90 helmet shell!!!!   My new japanese type 90 helmet shell!!!!