Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My New,(old) Japanese Sword

Article about: Ralph Couldn't agree more. While we love our TR collections and all of their history, it cannot compare to the Hundreds of years a Katana(?) has seen. Definately one for the bucket list! I u

Default My New,(old) Japanese Sword

I have been wanting a sword similar to this for a long time. Recently, one was for sale at a reasonable price. It came to me loose and in separate pieces. There was no meguki to hold the handle on. It was missing one of the seppa, and the scabbard is quite rough.
    I am happy to say, I like it!
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My New,(old) Japanese Sword   My New,(old) Japanese Sword  

My New,(old) Japanese Sword   My New,(old) Japanese Sword  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Default Re: My New,(old) Japanese Sword

it looks like its been around for a very long time enjoy it.

?

[I have been wanting a sword similar to this for a long time. Recently, one was for sale at a reasonable price. It came to me loose and in separate pieces. There was no meguki to hold the handle on. It was missing one of the seppa, and the scabbard is quite rough.
    Ralph.]

And i like it also Ralph , congrats

PS ............great photography
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

A genuine wakizashi from the Edo Period(1600-1868). The age is guestimated by the type of hamon or temper line. Who ever owned this did not give it the respect it was due. It appears someone tried to remove the patina from the tsuba thinking it was rust. The real McCoy so thanks for sharing.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by Alan M View Post
    [I have been wanting a sword similar to this for a long time. Recently, one was for sale at a reasonable price. It came to me loose and in separate pieces. There was no meguki to hold the handle on. It was missing one of the seppa, and the scabbard is quite rough.
    Ralph.]

And i like it also Ralph , congrats

PS ............great photography
    Thank you Alan!
    Thank you also Harry!
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    A genuine wakizashi from the Edo Period(1600-1868). The age is guestimated by the type of hamon or temper line. Who ever owned this did not give it the respect it was due. It appears someone tried to remove the patina from the tsuba thinking it was rust. The real McCoy so thanks for sharing.
    Thank you very much Bob!
    I really appreciate you taking the time to post on both of my threads.
    I will certainly try to give it the respect that it deserves. As I stated, one of the seppa was missing, I have made a replacement. I think these photos will show that I have been successful. I have also made a new meguki.
    I won't do anything that can not be easily undone.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My New,(old) Japanese Sword   My New,(old) Japanese Sword  

I like the sword Ralph, great find! Also great job on making a replacement seppa, your work is impressive. Best Regards, Robert

Ralph

The history these carry must be incredible! Nice piece, congrats. You know I'm a picture guy, how about an overall shot of the piece? Thanks for showing it to us, Ralph.

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Quote by TNcollector View Post
    I like the sword Ralph, great find! Also great job on making a replacement seppa, your work is impressive. Best Regards, Robert
    Thank you Robert.
    I don't like my items falling apart when all it would take is a couple of hours of work, if you can call it that.
    Ralph.

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Ralph

The history these carry must be incredible! Nice piece, congrats. You know I'm a picture guy, how about an overall shot of the piece? Thanks for showing it to us, Ralph.

Mark
    Thanks Mark!
    Yes, there must be even more history in this than many of the other items in our collections. As of yet, I actually don't have a photo of the whole item as I often feel that you can't photo a whole sword properly without giving up any details. Here are a couple of the photos that I saw before I purchased it.
    Ralph.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast