Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My two bayonets

Article about: Here are two Japanese bayonets I bought at a fair last year in Belgium ! ;-) My helmets all come from the USA but I was Lucky to buy these of a local collector.

Default My two bayonets

Here are two Japanese bayonets I bought at a fair last year in Belgium ! ;-)
    My helmets all come from the USA but I was Lucky to buy these of a local collector.

?

Good stuff Frank, I particularly like the "last ditch" one. The wooden scabbards are always of interest.
    Regards,
    John

?

Very fine examples.

There were examples made after the one you show in wooden scabbard so I tend to think of yours more as late war rather than last ditch but it's not an exact science.

Regards,
    Stu

Quote by Stu W View Post
    Very fine examples.

There were examples made after the one you show in wooden scabbard so I tend to think of yours more as late war rather than last ditch but it's not an exact science.

Regards,
    Stu
    I agree Stu. The term "last ditch" is really an inaccurate collector term used also for swords and other equipment. The downgrading of material used was due to war shortages.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

MAP
    ?

Frank,

Nice examples in great condition. Agree with Stu and Bob, the first is a "late" war, not last ditch.

I really like the second one. Really minty with a great frog. The bayonet I think is made by Toyoda Jidoshoki Seisakusho (Toyoda Automatic Loom Works) under Nagoya supervision. Straight contoured cross guard, rounded birds head pommel, screw retained contoured grips. A beauty!

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Spot on Michael on that Mfg. I will add that the top one with the bamboo sheath was made by Nation Denki (National Electric) Arsenal.
    The top one has a sheath that is great condition. No to often seen.
    Great pick up on both of them!!! Congrats
    Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

my cheat sheet.......

Markings on Japanese Arisaka Rifles and Bayonets of World War II

An old study but decent enough. There is another out there that I just can't find at the moment, but I've used this one for years....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Great site. My reference seems to be the same used there. "Bayonets from Janzen's Notebook". Its an olde but a goody.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Hello gents , thanks for the nice replies. Really helpful.