Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My WWII Japanese Sword

Article about: I was at a show a few years back and saw a gentllemen walking this sword through the show.I had a good ideal that it was a good sword because he had three or four dealers in tow.The dealers

?

Default My WWII Japanese Sword

I was at a show a few years back and saw a gentllemen walking this sword through the show.I had a good ideal that it was a good sword because he had three or four dealers in tow.The dealers were all talking the sword down. The very tip is broke, the blade has finger prints,the paint is worn on the scabbard, will you trade for something on my table the same old lines when you have something they want. After the dealers left I asked him if he was selling the sword and he stated yes but he wanted to find out what it was worth.I told him I would like a chance to buy it and gave him my #( so did the dealers). A month later he called me gave me a price and I bought it. When I went to pick it up he told me that he had offered it to the dealers first but they were only offering half of what it is worth. Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My WWII Japanese Sword   My WWII Japanese Sword  

My WWII Japanese Sword   My WWII Japanese Sword  

My WWII Japanese Sword  

?

Default Re: My WWII Japanese Sword

Hi Gary , that`s a great sword , from a vet source , well done on your purchase ,
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

?

Hi Alan thank you. Gary

?

Hey RH,
    nice looking sword. i notice a feature i my self have never seen on a officers katana. usually seen on nco's. no doubt its original, just never seen it before. on the drag at the end of the scabbard has an extended flat area. usually seen on saber drags. its just to protect it when it hits the ground. just an interesting and unusual feature on an officers katana. very nice find.
    andrew

?

looks like a Japanese marine, nice one!

?

Andrew I took a few more close ups of the drag one side has a Japanese symbol 213917 then a symbol, and on the other side seven Japanese symbols.
    Colt thanks for the info . Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My WWII Japanese Sword   My WWII Japanese Sword  

My WWII Japanese Sword  

A nice example of an Imperial Japanese Army officer's katana. The drag is a variation encountered occasionally. It seems to be a manufacturer's design variation. I have had several of these over the years.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

thank you. it looked original. just not one i had seen before. i learn new things all the time.
    andrew

Very Nice. Thanks for showing this sword and paperwork. The "drag" is a interesting variation also. Nice condition handmade blade too. Paperwork is nice to have with it. Good find, glad it found a good home.

Regards, Steve

Here is my sword if you would like to see:
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/axis-...d-1944-a-8955/

Hi Gary, it looks great to me.

I would love to add a good Japanese sword to my collection someday. They are one of those iconic items.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast