Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mystery (to me) label...

Article about: Good day, Gentlemen, I have a nice, early Type-92 Seoi-Bukuro 'tube pack' with a curious cloth label, stitched into the seam, near the Army markings. Scouring Mr. komiya's superb articles, m

?

Default Mystery (to me) label...

Good day, Gentlemen,
    I have a nice, early Type-92 Seoi-Bukuro 'tube pack' with a curious cloth label, stitched into the seam, near the Army markings.
    Scouring Mr. komiya's superb articles, my initial thoughts veered toward a price-control label, though I cannot find any visual match with the sample shown in his article and, as I understand it, this should not appear in a military issue item anyway.
    My own command of Kanji is, to say the very least, feeble, so I welcome any light you can shed upon this item. I look forward to hearing from you wizards...
    Many thanks,
    Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mystery (to me) label...  

The label says "Kagawa Prefecture, Takamatsu (City) Clothing manufacturers' Association, Stamp of seamstress" It was delivered to the Hiroshima clothing depot, which applied the acceptance stamps for 1938,with the word "modified" on top in a box which indicated a post 1932 model.

?

Many thanks Nick,
    That's splendid!
    The pack has been issued and seen some use - It's remarkable that the label has survived so well.
    Thank you very much for your time,
    Bob