Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Navy Canteen With Writing

Article about: I love canteens with writing scratched in to them and I just won this on eBay. I don’t have any Japanese canteens so I had to bid. I believe this is a Navy canteen just not sure of the wri

Default Navy Canteen With Writing

I love canteens with writing scratched in to them and I just won this on eBay. I don’t have any Japanese canteens so I had to bid. I believe this is a Navy canteen just not sure of the writing. So any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Navy Canteen With Writing   Navy Canteen With Writing  

Hi muddyboots, it's a IJA officers canteen without the cover, sorry I can't help you with the kanji but somebody should be along shortly to help you.

Bill

Ensign Shimizu

I might have solved the Ensign part but I am very busy sanitizing everything at my local parks. Thanks Nick

Quote by nick komiya View Post
    Ensign Shimizu
    Isn't it Koshimizu?

Good eye, didn't see the Ko because of the lighting.

The canteen came today and it’s little specks of tan, grey and black paints. I love the salty used look. Anyone got any information on the makers mark and if possible the time frame this was made. It’s definitely got a plating coating on it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Navy Canteen With Writing   Navy Canteen With Writing  

Navy Canteen With Writing  

Thanks Nick and I have seen that post recently and forgot about it when I was trying to dig up more information on canteens. I may be wrong but I don’t see a time of manufacturing, I am assuming a early manufacturing because of the plating of the canteen.