Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NCO type 95 fake?

Article about: I have a problem with this sword. I'm not sure - is it fake or isn't. What's wrong? Tsuba and tsuka - too small in my opinion. On photos 100% original NCO 95 sword and sword which I want to

?

Default NCO type 95 fake?

I have a problem with this sword. I'm not sure - is it fake or isn't.
    What's wrong? Tsuba and tsuka - too small in my opinion. On photos 100% original NCO 95 sword and sword which I want to check.
    NCO type 95 fake?
    A better image of the tsuba:
    NCO type 95 fake?
    And the next - iron fuchi??:
    NCO type 95 fake?
    The marks seems to be OK - Tokyo inspections mark and Kokura Arsenal
    NCO type 95 fake?
    And again - small tsuba:
    NCO type 95 fake?
    And at last - the blade - number and inspections mark:
    NCO type 95 fake?
    NCO type 95 fake?
    No inspections mark on the saya.
    Help me please!

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    This might help a little until someone comes along that is able to give you the information you seek.
    IJA Type 95 NCO Sword Info
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thanks Ralph. I have read it. But I'm still have a problem with this sword...

Please be patient, someone will be along to help you.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Bump.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Hello dudek,

Welcome to the Japanese section of the forum.

I know that there are two of us, and perhaps more, discussing your sword at the moment. Comments will follow in due course.

Are you able to provide a photo of the scabbard drag taken so that the profile is shown?

I'd also like to see a photo of the serial number and inspection stamp taken directly from the side of the blade. The one you have provided, while helpful, does not allow me to see the proximity of the digits to one another due to the angle at which the photo was taken.

Last, but not least, is there a significant weight difference between the two swords you show when out of their scabbards? Getting them on to a scale is not necessary, just a hand hold assessment is sufficient.

Thanks. I look forward to your reply.

Regards,
    Stu

?

Hello Stu

Thanks for your reply. I have no new photos of the sword yet because I did some research and I'm pretty sure that is a replica maded in Canada. Almost identical sword I have found here German, Russian and Japanese Swords. What do you think? I think that my sword was cleaned so it seems to be older then it is. That's my opinion.

Regards
    Dudek

?

Hello Dudek,

In short, I agree with you. It is a reproduction in my view. Slightly smaller dimensions as well as the accompanying weight reduction are red flags that often indicate a fake as does a wider spread of the digits in the serial number than is found on authentic examples. There are some other issues but no need to go further listing them.

Regards,
    Stu

?

Hello Stu

It's me again. The seller of the sword sent me a mail with additional information about it. According to him the previous owner of the sword had it in the collection for many years so it can't be a replica. I decided to deassembly the sword and look what I've found inside the tsuka:
    NCO type 95 fake?
    NCO type 95 fake?
    NCO type 95 fake?
    NCO type 95 fake?
    NCO type 95 fake?
    NCO type 95 fake?
    Additional info about the sword: Unfortunately I can't check the weight of the swords. I don't have any scale to do it... But I can write you that the length of the sword in saya is 96 cm, the lenght of the blade is 70 cm, the width of the habaki is about 3 cm. The sword seems to be a slightly lighter than the original one. Deep inside the saya I can see some wood. What do you think?

Regards
    Dudek
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NCO type 95 fake?  

?

Hello Dudek,

Thanks for the additional photos. I'll have a look at them when I get in front of a full sized computer monitor this evening. Can't really view them as well as I wish to on the iPad.

Regards,
    Stu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast