Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Need help identify WWII Japanese sword blade

Article about: Hello all, I am new to the forum and am hoping someone might be able to help give some information on the blade portion of a sword that was in my grandfathers WWII foot locker. He served in

lestweforget
    ?

Default Need help identify WWII Japanese sword blade

Hello all, I am new to the forum and am hoping someone might be able to help give some information on the blade portion of a sword that was in my grandfathers WWII foot locker. He served in the USMC. There is no handle to the sword and it is not in the best condition (rusty in many places) in my opinion but to have a little bit of information to go with it as to where it may have originally come from would be nice. Some suggestions as to finding someone that can read Kanji because I sure can not

I have posted some photos below....

Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help identify WWII Japanese sword blade   Need help identify WWII Japanese sword blade  

Need help identify WWII Japanese sword blade   Need help identify WWII Japanese sword blade  

Need help identify WWII Japanese sword blade   Need help identify WWII Japanese sword blade  

Need help identify WWII Japanese sword blade  

Default Re: Need help identify WWII Japanese sword blade

LWF; repost your pictures of the tang so the characters are displayed correctly to make it easier on folks like me who get a crick in the neck trying to read upside-down and sideways. Take them with the blade to the top of the picture and make sure all the characters are easily visible. Jim

Default Re: Need help identify WWII Japanese sword blade

Your pictures of the signature need to be lightened up. The signature appears to "Kawachi no Kami Kunisuke." The signature does not match that of any of the four generations who signed in this manner.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.