Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

need help identifying Japanese helmet

Article about: can anyone tell me what this star is most helmets have the star what does the flower mean or could this be a fake I'm thinking about purchasing if the star is legit.

Default need help identifying Japanese helmet

can anyone tell me what this star is most helmets have the star what does the flower mean or could this be a fake I'm thinking about purchasing if the star is legit.

?

Default Re: need help identifying Japanese helmet

As an observation, the look of the helmet is different to the condition of the star and it doesn't appear to be fitted very well. It certainly doesn't look like it's been there very long. How about a shot of the inside where is is fixed from behind.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

this is the best shot I have of the inside I'll try to get a better one. Like you the star looks newer

?

That just does not look right. Looks like an add on, nothing like what I have seen. Do you have pics of the liner.

?

Looks like a civil lid.

that is the only pic I have of the liner I'm going to have them send me other pics. what do you think it is worth

?

Not considering the star, I have seen them from 80 to 100+ Canadian.

Of all the Japanese helmets I've ever seen or owned, I've never seen one with a star and flower like this one. This one doesn't even look like it's Fitting right. Personally, I don't feel all that safe with the raised stars by Themselves....99% of the lids you see have the standard flat metal star or possibly an Anchor, but these newer looking raised stars are Not leaving a good feeling here...Among the Civil helmets, about the closest you see to this is the "Factory Security" helmets with the raised star and a Japanese letter on them, but again, I wouldn't feel good about that style either.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

thats in the ballpark of what he wants for it helmet looks legit don't know about the star looks cool though

?

Most civil helmets have no stars. This one looks 100 percent added...IMO. Watch it be the super rare shinny star variant. But shop around, plenty of them available. I like the helmet itself.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast