Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NEED Help identifying Japanese WWII Sling

Article about: Can anyone tell me what this Japanese Sling went to. I could not find anything on it on the web. The seller said it came off a Type 100 LMG. I know that it does not have the correct clips la

?

Default NEED Help identifying Japanese WWII Sling

Can anyone tell me what this Japanese Sling went to. I could not find anything on it on the web. The seller said it came off a Type 100 LMG. I know that it does not have the correct clips latch.
    Could it have been for a Type 100 LMG or something else? I have seen pictures which show two different type of clips but could not make out if it was a wire bale connection.
    NEED Help identifying Japanese WWII SlingNEED Help identifying Japanese WWII SlingNEED Help identifying Japanese WWII SlingNEED Help identifying Japanese WWII SlingNEED Help identifying Japanese WWII SlingNEED Help identifying Japanese WWII SlingNEED Help identifying Japanese WWII SlingNEED Help identifying Japanese WWII Sling
    Dwight Brown

?

Always good to research an item BEFORE you buy it

?

Thanks. That was a lot of help. I did research it and I stated I did find images of the sling, they were not that clear. I was asking for additional information. If you don't have any, please don't give advice.
    kaydee

?

Don't post if you don't want advice & opinions. Why not post this on gunboards? I understand you want to spread your embarrassment on a few boards

?

Kaydee,
    From what I understand, Jareth is the person you would want advice from if it concerns Japanese items.

Just saying!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Fairly certain it's a shoulder strap not a sling.

?

In my opinion a sling belt for LMG, probably Type 11 ? But not sure

?

It appears to be the shoulder strap for the 150 rds spare ammunition bag. I'm not an expert on machine gunner equipment, but it seems to primarily accompany the Type 11 LMG.

?

Think that's correct but with black painted buckle probably later variation.

?

Adachi,
    Thanks that is what I was looking for.
    kaydee

Quote by adachi View Post
    It appears to be the shoulder strap for the 150 rds spare ammunition bag. I'm not an expert on machine gunner equipment, but it seems to primarily accompany the Type 11 LMG.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast