Become our sponsor and display your banner here

New Army Kyu Gunto

Article about: Hello All,I had a few moments to play with my camera and thought I would share a few pics of my latest find. Not quite as exciting to most as is the Samurai style Japanese sword But I find t

Default New Army Kyu Gunto

Hello All,I had a few moments to play with my camera and thought I would share a few pics of my latest find. Not quite as exciting to most as is the Samurai style Japanese sword But I find them quite interesting.It is mounted with a standard machine made blade and is a straight ahead version .No family Mon and standard
    Army configuration.I was lucky enough to get the sword knot with it.One day I hope to have a nice example of both Army and Navy versions with hand forged blades. Regards,Geoff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rsz_1.jpg 
Views:	790 
Size:	152.7 KB 
ID:	905911   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	350 
Size:	320.7 KB 
ID:	905912  

A couple more. The Nakago is unmarked so I did not take photos.The single Mekugi is made of horn.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	323.1 KB 
ID:	905913   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	322.7 KB 
ID:	905914  

Last two notice the acid etched Hamon.

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	323.2 KB 
ID:	905915   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rsz_6.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	117.2 KB 
ID:	905916  

?

Not a Samurai style sword Geoff but still a great looking piece of history ! I like it very much , look at the condition and the gilding still there , congrats on finding a sweet example .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Hi Geoff, a nice sword and your pictures are good too.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

A very nice example Geoff!
    Congrats!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

A beautiful example that has been well cared for. The plating on the saya of these models often bubbles and falls off when storage is improper. A nice addition to your collection.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thank you all for the kind comments! Here is a photo given to me by a friend who knew I collected militaria .There is an interesting assortment of swords in the photograph.

Name:	rsz_2scan0001.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	229.6 KB 
ID:	906040