Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

New Army Kyu Gunto

Article about: Hello All,I had a few moments to play with my camera and thought I would share a few pics of my latest find. Not quite as exciting to most as is the Samurai style Japanese sword But I find t

Default New Army Kyu Gunto

Hello All,I had a few moments to play with my camera and thought I would share a few pics of my latest find. Not quite as exciting to most as is the Samurai style Japanese sword But I find them quite interesting.It is mounted with a standard machine made blade and is a straight ahead version .No family Mon and standard
    Army configuration.I was lucky enough to get the sword knot with it.One day I hope to have a nice example of both Army and Navy versions with hand forged blades. Regards,Geoff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New  Army Kyu Gunto   New  Army Kyu Gunto  

A couple more. The Nakago is unmarked so I did not take photos.The single Mekugi is made of horn.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New  Army Kyu Gunto   New  Army Kyu Gunto  

Last two notice the acid etched Hamon.

?

Not a Samurai style sword Geoff but still a great looking piece of history ! I like it very much , look at the condition and the gilding still there , congrats on finding a sweet example .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Hi Geoff, a nice sword and your pictures are good too.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

A very nice example Geoff!
    Congrats!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

A beautiful example that has been well cared for. The plating on the saya of these models often bubbles and falls off when storage is improper. A nice addition to your collection.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thank you all for the kind comments! Here is a photo given to me by a friend who knew I collected militaria .There is an interesting assortment of swords in the photograph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New  Army Kyu Gunto