Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New purchase washizaki

Article about: Hi just picked up this old Wakizashi came from the estate of a former veteran bought home from the far east.

Default New purchase washizaki

Hi just picked up this old Wakizashi came from the estate of a former veteran bought home from the far east.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New purchase washizaki   New purchase washizaki  

New purchase washizaki   New purchase washizaki  

New purchase washizaki   New purchase washizaki  

If you would like help with the translation of the kanji, please read this.
    When Posting Japanese Sword Tangs For Translation
    Thank you,
    Ralph.
    P.S. Very nice kozuka!
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Nice blade.

A open thought on the where this was picked up from. Would assume a blade like this would be picked up from the occupation of Japan (or maybe Okinawa) and not from the one of the many other island battlefields.

Just curious on views.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Ralph thanks im using my phone to post no idea how to turn ohoto around im afraid not that tech.

Micheal i would assume from the type of sword this is from occupation im guessing.

MAP
    ?

Quote by airwarrior View Post
    Micheal i would assume from the type of sword this is from occupation im guessing.
    My thoughts exactly. Not something you would expect to pick up from a battlefield or discarded weapons.

Thanks!

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Wow I'm loving the work on the tusba and the kozuka.
    The expert on these and the translators should be along soon.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Pictures the right way...but think the guys will need clearer shots. Some of the Kanji is hard to read.

New purchase washizakiNew purchase washizakiNew purchase washizaki

Hope so like to know more about it as long as i dont get into anymore trouble for bad pics unfortunately i took these just after i purchased it cant spin them not that technical and also dont want to mess with the sword handle anymore as im sure its a bit old to mess with.

Another photo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New purchase washizaki  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast