Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nice Hinomaru Flag with Handprints sold!

Article about: Hi All, I was watching this one on ebay out of curiosity because it was very unique with the handprints on it, I figured it would sell for a good amount of money and it did, hold on to your

Default Nice Hinomaru Flag with Handprints sold!

Hi All,
    I was watching this one on ebay out of curiosity because it was very unique with the handprints on it, I figured it would sell for a good amount of money and it did, hold on to your hats folks, this flag sold for 590US, a bit steep IMO but I guess if your a serious collector of these then this would be a must have. just thought I would share
    Nice Hinomaru Flag with Handprints sold!

?

Default Re: Nice Hinomaru Flag with Handprints sold!

i was watching this as well! Very cool flag! Buuuuuuuuuut, a bit pricey, even for it being so unique, IMO. I guess it all boils down to what someone would pay for it. Very unique piece nonetheless.

Never seen one with the handprint on it,very cool.
    I do see why collectors would want this one.
    chris

Very nice Hinomaru. I've never seen one with handprints before but, as Hinomaru flags are a fascinating collecting subject in themselves, I understand why somebody would pay that for it.

Once upon a time, before my present business commitments, I'd have jumped at it myself!

Martin

Wonderful flag, the price compared to TR seems very reasonable.

When I see handprints, I usually think "SUMO" ....

It would be interesting to discover if those on the flag were a sumotori's handprints ... but I didn't see an autograph; and, there was nothing available to judge the scale of the prints. If they were unusually large, they could well be a sumo player's.

--Guy

The seller said the handprints are tiny, likely that of a child, flag dimension was 16x21 and some of the kanji was ship's names and battles.

?

I thought it was a high price too. All it takes is a few bidders who want it. Sad to think those small hand prints could be the owners children

Do not forget the soldier of that time were very small.
    chris

?

Guy, I was thinking the same thing with the sumo prints. I ran into a collector in Japan who told of a Japanese flag with several sumo wrestler handprints and signatures (must have been a large flag!). I shudder to think how much something like that would go for on the market!

Tom

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast