Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Photo album with 40 Original pictures from WWII from Yomiuri Shimbun.

Article about: I recently came across a photo album with 40 original, authentic pictures that were put into the Yomiuri Shimbun (newspaper), that has a description of each picture posted on the back. I too

Default Photo album with 40 Original pictures from WWII from Yomiuri Shimbun.

I recently came across a photo album with 40 original, authentic pictures that were put into the Yomiuri Shimbun (newspaper), that has a description of each picture posted on the back. I took pics of each picture as well as what was written on the back of each one, as well as the original photo album. The person I got the album from said it came from Yomiuri Shimbun, and were the original pictures used to put into the newspaper at the time of printing. All 40 pictures are in excellent shape as well as the descriptions connected to the back of each picture. Does anyone have any idea of their value as a set?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Photo album with 40 Original pictures from WWII from Yomiuri Shimbun.   Photo album with 40 Original pictures from WWII from Yomiuri Shimbun.  

Photo album with 40 Original pictures from WWII from Yomiuri Shimbun.   Photo album with 40 Original pictures from WWII from Yomiuri Shimbun.  

Photo album with 40 Original pictures from WWII from Yomiuri Shimbun.   Photo album with 40 Original pictures from WWII from Yomiuri Shimbun.  

?

Photo album with 40 Original pictures from WWII from Yomiuri Shimbun.Photo album with 40 Original pictures from WWII from Yomiuri Shimbun.

I hope you don't mind. I just had to fix those. My neck was killing me looking at them

Very nice pic's. I see that one is of General Wainwright surrendering in the Philippines.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Default Nice Commemorative Album

A commercial photo album celebrating the 1st anniversary of the promulgation of the Imperial Rescript.

大詔渙発一周年記念
    1st anniversary of the promulgation of the Imperial Rescript Commemoration

大東亜戦争報道寫眞録
    Great East Asian War Photo-Journal [news photos] Record

読売新聞
    Yomiuri Shinbun

--Guy

?

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for sharing
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Great pictures.

I don't mind at all Phil, thank you Semper Fi braddah. Yes, I do believe that it is General Wainwright in the pic. I was floored when I found this album at a small antique shop near my home in Tokyo.
    And thank you also ghp95134, RazorBack and Rossi. I'm afraid I don't have many items and am still a noob, but it is great to see all of the items here