Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Picked up this Japanese helmet for cheap

Article about: You won big time for that price. You could turn around and sell it for many times more.

Default Picked up this Japanese helmet for cheap

Got a great deal on this Japanese Helmet at an antique store, I don't really know to much about them but I figured I couldn't lose for the price.
    Picked up this Japanese helmet for cheapPicked up this Japanese helmet for cheapPicked up this Japanese helmet for cheapPicked up this Japanese helmet for cheapPicked up this Japanese helmet for cheap

?

Star is off centered... not a good sign.

I don't really collect or know much about Japanese Militaria at all, Why would it be bad for the star to be off centered?

?

It is a good Japanese army helmet. Just missing the liner and chinstrap.

It's fine and in great shape. Good find.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks!

?

Nice helmet the star being off centered does not really mean anything these helmets were produced not for quality but for quantity during the war unlike the German helmets during the period

I think the star being crooked as mentioned means it may have been post war replaced at some point,(this happens quite a bit with these helmets) but looking at the photo's the star looks original to the helmet with matching patina, check to see if the star has crude under it and fits tights, this would be a good sign of an original star, if you see any orange that is the color they used for the primer underneath. the kanji lettering on the back indicates size, not sure if this one reads small medium or large, these helmets are going up in price and complete ones are now in the 600 to 1000 range, nice find!!!!

Thanks for the info Maximus! I'll have to check for the crude and see. I ended up getting it for about 40-50 dollars.

S c o r e ......... !
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast