Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Piece of Japanese Aluminum

Article about: Hi, Trying to ID this piece. Appears to be aluminum, and measures 6 1/2" x 3 3/4". Has three Japanese (I assume) charachters. Unsure of translation. Is cut off on the side/bottom.

?

Default Piece of Japanese Aluminum

Hi,
    Trying to ID this piece. Appears to be aluminum, and measures 6 1/2" x 3 3/4". Has three Japanese (I assume) charachters. Unsure of translation.

Is cut off on the side/bottom.

Was given to a man when he was a child as a War Souvenir (WWII) by a neighbor. Note written on envelope by the gentlemen's mother, prior to him shipping off to Vietnam.

Thanks in advance!

"Calling Mr. Chen .... Mr. Chen, please pick up the red courtesy phone ...."

I think it is either Chinese or Korean
    金店洙
    I get NO google hits ...

-- Gold [Kin; kane]; also the most common of Korean surnames; Kim
    -- Shop [Ten; mise]
    -- Shū "name of a Chinese river". Zhū, Soo

--Guy

金点洙 It is a Korean name, the first being the family name of Kim like the North Korean leader and the last two, a man's first name, though I do not know how it gets pronounced in Korean. It has nothing to do with Japan.

金点洙
    Kim Jin Soo

?

Hi All, I'm so sorry. Have been caught up with other things, and meant to reply. Thank you all for your help with the translation!! I truly appreciate it.

Now to figure out the purpose/meaning of this piece, if any. Will have to check with the fella who received it to see if he can recall any additional information on it.

Thanks again!