Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Piles of fake swords

Article about: Some of you may be interested in seeing this selection of fake swords coming out of China. Seen at the Gem Show in Tucson, AZ, Feb. 2020.

?

Default Piles of fake swords

Piles of fake swords
    Piles of fake swords
    Some of you may be interested in seeing this selection of fake swords coming out of China.
    Seen at the Gem Show in Tucson, AZ, Feb. 2020.

Will not fool a advance collector but will fool a lot of people and will take their hard earned money.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

While in Tianjin last August I found my way into a little military antique shop (think Red Guard armbands stacked beside Japanese canteens). They had a sword behind the counter. Looked half way interesting yet a little fishy, but I figured I'd ask. They wanted $7000 American (after conversion) I laughed out loud and walked out. I've also seen Yosegaki Hinomaru flags at the Panjiayuan Market in Beijing. Lady wanted $200. I offered $50 just for giggles. No deal. I'm not sad to have left it lol.

?

I wonder what the official conversion rate is in China though. "Communist" countries used to be notorious for their artificially high exchange rates.