Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Please translate

Article about: Hi guys,can I please get these translated?.These are the first pair of navy putees I've owned, would they have belonged to an officer because of them having the white diamond instead of the

Default Please translate

Hi guys,can I please get these translated?.These are the first pair of navy putees I've owned, would they have belonged to an officer because of them having the white diamond instead of the square tag or stamp? I thought IJN officers wore tall or low quarter boots. Thank you in advance, Bill.Please translate

Most likely read from right to left:
    本橋
    Motohashi

if read from right to left;
    橋本
    Hashimoto

--Guy

?

Officers wore the navy blue puttees too, although based on most period photos it seems they definitely preferred leather gaiters with their low boots.

Thanks again guys, would anyone know when or about these were discontinued, I'm curious about how old these might be. Bill.

?

It's hard to know if they were discontinued or worn until the end of the war. In theory they should have been discontinued in mid 1944 when the navy switched to a year round service uniform, but I've heard of some officers in training during 1945 still wearing these navy blue puttees.

Quote by adachi View Post
    It's hard to know if they were discontinued or worn until the end of the war. In theory they should have been discontinued in mid 1944 when the navy switched to a year round service uniform, but I've heard of some officers in training during 1945 still wearing these navy blue puttees.
    Thanks adachi.