Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Possible Contents of Cavalry Related Satchel

Article about: Hello everyone, A friend alerted me to an auction of some Japanese militaria that he thought I would be interested in, and I thought this photo might be of interest to others. This photo was

?

Default Possible Contents of Cavalry Related Satchel

Hello everyone,
    A friend alerted me to an auction of some Japanese militaria that he thought I would be interested in, and I thought this photo might be of interest to others. This photo was on auctionzip.com and is for up for auction on their site. I have seen these pouches sometimes mistakenly identified as “last ditch” map cases, but have actually been identified here on the forum as part of some sort of cavalry related pouch. The accessories shown in the photo look like they might give some insight as to what these pouches held. I am by far an expert on Japanese militaria, but I thought others might find this interesting and maybe we can uncover a little more info on these pouches.Possible Contents of Cavalry Related Satchel

The outside says
    二銃
    Ni Jū
    Gun 2

Machine gun maintainance kit? Everything else is too fuzzy to read.

--Guy

?

I could have sworn that there was a thread showing this bag identified as a cavalry related item. I guess I must be mistaken. I’ll have to search older threads to find what I was thinking about. Perhaps the same type of bag was used for multiple jobs.

?

I found were the thread was, on WAF. Unfortunately I don’t know how to attach a link.

?

I've seen a few of this bags. All were identical except for printed kanji. Other kanji was cavalry related. Uncertain if the contents shown were originally with bag or added

Need better pictures to really see details. The lower tap and die set is the most common one you see up for sell (I have two) - its not very valuable missing that many tools. The pouch is common. Don't know about the canvas insert panels - have to see much better photos to translate the kanji and see the detailed shape of the individual tools. The canvas pouch tied down to the left insert panel looks like the one used to hold a vernier caliper

?

Unfortunately, this is the only photo the auction site provides.