Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Possible Japanese badge?

Article about: Every now and then I will stop into a local antique shop, and browse for any new items that they may have gotten in. A good friend of mine runs the militaria booth there, and needless to say

Default Possible Japanese badge?

Every now and then I will stop into a local antique shop, and browse for any new items that they may have gotten in. A good friend of mine runs the militaria booth there, and needless to say I spend most of my time in that section LoL. Anyways, whenever I buy a decent amount of militaria he will sometimes throw in some free goodies with my purchase. Last week I bought a nice early war type 30 Japanese bayonet, and my buddy decided to give me an interesting badge for free with my purchase.

This guy gets in a lot of interesting militaria from the locals, but sometimes isn't able to identify certain pieces. This badge is one of those items. He wanted to guess it was some sort of imperial Japanese badge, but wasn't 100% sure. Anyways, I was wondering if anybody may have an idea on what this item exactly is? To me the characters don't appear to be Japanese, but I could be wrong. It looks to be made of brass, and has a (German Tinnie) style clasp on the back. Any and all thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately my computer isn't letting me upload more then one photo. I will keep on trying to upload a pic of the reverse.

Best regards- Jarret

Possible Japanese badge?

Here is the reverse

Possible Japanese badge?

RED Chinese 4th Field Army
    中南軍区兼第四野戦軍

Or, as the Japanese would write it:
    第四野戦軍兼中南軍区

--Guy

Quote by ghp95134 View Post
    RED Chinese 4th Field Army
    中南軍区兼第四野戦軍

Or, as the Japanese would write it:
    第四野戦軍兼中南軍区

--Guy
    Thank you so much!!

The badge commemorated this 1950 campaign over Hainan Island.Landing Operation on Hainan Island - Wikipedia