Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Rather Rough Type 97 Grenade Help Please

Article about: I picked this one up with the Type 99 I just posted. Yes, probably overpaid. I was a little too excited to find them. Not in great condition but there is some paint remaining and some markin

Default Rather Rough Type 97 Grenade Help Please

I picked this one up with the Type 99 I just posted. Yes, probably overpaid. I was a little too excited to find them. Not in great condition but there is some paint remaining and some markings on the bottom shoulder that I am not able to make out. I was surprised by the lack of any markings on the fuse tube. Has this been messed with previous? I could not find any markings on the exterior. I thought there would be something that would date it. All opinions are welcome and appreciated. Any ideas for a replacement pull string so it will display well?
    John

Rather Rough Type 97 Grenade Help PleaseRather Rough Type 97 Grenade Help PleaseRather Rough Type 97 Grenade Help PleaseRather Rough Type 97 Grenade Help PleaseRather Rough Type 97 Grenade Help PleaseRather Rough Type 97 Grenade Help Please

MAP
    ?

This one looks nice as well. I think your being a bit too hard on the items LoL!

I have one of these too.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Looks pretty neat. I like seeing Japanese ordnance as it’s something I will never likely see here in the UK in any large quantity!

Hey John,Here is a pic of mine,I cant say it is the only type used..Nice piece! Regards,G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rather Rough Type 97 Grenade Help Please  

Another
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rather Rough Type 97 Grenade Help Please  

Thank you Geoff. Very nice example to compare. Much nicer.
    John

?

Another very nice example - nice finds!

Regards

Russ