Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Real or fake NCO 95 Gunto

Article about: The most fakes are Obvious, this sword makes me wonder. What do you think of it?? ? Marktplaats - Cookiewall

?

Default Real or fake NCO 95 Gunto

The most fakes are Obvious, this sword makes me wonder.
    What do you think of it??

? Marktplaats - Cookiewall

Please post pictures in the thread and not a photo hosting site. When the link becomes obsolete, this becomes a worthless thread.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Here you go. If you read the "please don'ts" you will see that outside hosting sites don't do anyone any favours, when the pictures are gone, so is the thread
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real or fake NCO 95 Gunto   Real or fake NCO 95 Gunto  

Real or fake NCO 95 Gunto   Real or fake NCO 95 Gunto  

Real or fake NCO 95 Gunto  

?

Sorry for this

?

Original!

Legit. It's the first one I've seen with the Seki factory stamp! Cool! I've also never seen the Tokyo cannonball stamp indented that much, but everything else looks right.

?

Quote by Bruce Pennington View Post
    Legit. It's the first one I've seen with the Seki factory stamp! Cool! I've also never seen the Tokyo cannonball stamp indented that much, but everything else looks right.
    Hi Bruce. That appears to me to be a Nagoya Arsenal blade while under Kokura administration. I'm not seeing anything that indicates Tokyo. Your thoughts?

Regards,
    Stu

Quote by Stu W View Post
    Hi Bruce. That appears to me to be a Nagoya Arsenal blade while under Kokura administration. I'm not seeing anything that indicates Tokyo. Your thoughts?

Regards,
    Stu
    Stu, Most of my gunto have been Kokura or Seki, so I'm not as educated on the Nagoya line. I do tend to confuse the Tokyo and Kokura use of the 4 cannonballs. This appears to have the Nagoya inspection mark on a Kokura Arsenal blade that was made before 1940. After that date, factories supervised by Kokura were divided between the Tokyo First and Nagaya Arsenal, if I understand the timeline correctly.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real or fake NCO 95 Gunto   Real or fake NCO 95 Gunto  

?

Hi Bruce. My understanding of this is that Kokura did not at any stage of production make Type 95 swords. They did however administer the production program for both the Nagoya and Tokyo Arsenals during the early portion of the conflict. The presence of the four cannonballs indicates, to me, nothing more than Kokura's administration. If I have misunderstood your point let me know. The older I get the more I reserve the right to be wrong?😳

?

Hi Bruce,

Another couple thoughts I have in mind are that one needs to differentiate between supervision and administration. Kokura's involvement was limited to administration. They did not directly supervise sword production.

Also, I've found it best to take date ranges as estimates when using them to date production. Dawson's comment that Kokura relinquished administrative control to each of Nagoya and Tokyo First Arsenals in early 1944 is probably fairly accurate but there is often some flexibility between when documents were signed and plans were implemented.

I'd like to add too that it's nice to see you taking an interest in the Type 95 line. The more questions that are asked the more we all learn.

Regards,
    Stu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast