Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Is this a real "Last Ditch" Japanese Katana or a Chinese fake?

Article about: I got this in a large bulk blade lot that I traded some weapon parts for. I received some VERY real rare knives as well as some junk in the same lot so the jury is still out on this. Here ar

Default Is this a real "Last Ditch" Japanese Katana or a Chinese fake?

I got this in a large bulk blade lot that I traded some weapon parts for. I received some VERY real rare knives as well as some junk in the same lot so the jury is still out on this. Here are some pics of what I think is an officers Katana.....only markings are on the scabbard. Some people are saying it may be a fake. Any idea?

Is this a real "Last Ditch" Japanese Katana or a Chinese fake?Is this a real "Last Ditch" Japanese Katana or a Chinese fake?Is this a real "Last Ditch" Japanese Katana or a Chinese fake?Is this a real "Last Ditch" Japanese Katana or a Chinese fake?Is this a real "Last Ditch" Japanese Katana or a Chinese fake?

Default Re: Is this a real "Last Ditch" Japanese Katana or a Chinese fake?

Not an expert,but looks like a chinese fake!See what Bob Coleman says as he knows these swords inside out. Goodbuys

Default Re: Is this a real "Last Ditch" Japanese Katana or a Chinese fake?

It is difficult to tell much from your pictures. Please post a full picture of the sword tank, a close up of the point and pictures of any mountings that came with the blade such as a handle and tsuba. Whatever it is, the blade is crude in comparison to a true handmade Japanese katana. Few people know that some very crude blades and mounts were made in mainland Asia during the war. I have seen three with veteran provenance. All of these date back over 25 years ago when aquired. There were also fake Japanese swords made by native people to sell to Allied servicemen as souvenirs.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.