Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Requesting Help With Translation -- Murata Rifle

Article about: Hello, I have a Type 22 Murata rifle that I inherited from my father and am hoping that someone could translate the kanji on the stock. My research suggests that when rifles such as this bec

?

Default Requesting Help With Translation -- Murata Rifle

Hello,

I have a Type 22 Murata rifle that I inherited from my father and am hoping that someone could translate the kanji on the stock. My research suggests that when rifles such as this became obsolete they were passed to schools for use in training, and that the markings may represent the name of the school. I would appreciate any help and comments. Thanks you.

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Requesting Help With Translation -- Murata Rifle   Requesting Help With Translation -- Murata Rifle  

Attached Images Attached Images Requesting Help With Translation -- Murata Rifle 

?

Hey Guy, Nick , or Tom P., would you help me out with a translation of the kanji on the stock? Do you know if this represents the name of a school? Thanks for any help.

Tom

Hi Tom, I have copied your thread here to the Japanese forum as I don't know if our resident Japanese linguists read the Firearms forum.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

You will need to reverse the image for me to read the school name, but it is for a school

仙臺高等**学校
    Sendai Kotō ** School

I cannot read those two (?) kanji; definitely not 専門 Senmon, thought there was a Sendai Kotō Senmon Gakkō.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Requesting Help With Translation -- Murata Rifle  

The part you missed is 工業 "Manufacturing Industry"

?

Thanks Ade for placing this post in the proper forum! Nick and Guy, thanks for the information. Honestly, I'm not sure how to reverse the image, but I'll play with it this weekend and resubmit. Thanks for your help.

Tom

MAP
    ?

Quote by hftiii View Post
    Thanks Ade for placing this post in the proper forum! Nick and Guy, thanks for the information. Honestly, I'm not sure how to reverse the image, but I'll play with it this weekend and resubmit. Thanks for your help.

Tom
    Guy already did it. By reverse, I think Nick meant it was upside down
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thanks, MAP.

T.