Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Rice Cowl set and serving tray help please

Article about: This came in the grouping I posted with the Sake Chalise. I was looking to see what era the set would be from or if there is a date on any of the items shown. Any help is greatly appreciated

Default Rice Bowl set and serving tray help please

This came in the grouping I posted with the Sake Chalise. I was looking to see what era the set would be from or if there is a date on any of the items shown. Any help is greatly appreciated. I think I bought a 'school of hard knocks grouping on my part' Thank you.
    John

Rice Cowl set and serving tray help pleaseRice Cowl set and serving tray help pleaseRice Cowl set and serving tray help pleaseRice Cowl set and serving tray help please
    Last edited by Rescue190; 08-01-2017 at 04:41 AM.

No way to date this that I know of. Items like this are still available in the retail market in Japan.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

It is showing age, thought, because of the cracked lacquer -- but as Bob indicates, it is hard to date due to its civilian motif.

The name on the bottom is
    柏原
    Kashiwabara [Oakfield]

--Guy

Thank you for the replies. I appreciate the info.
    John

Those are actually rarely used for rice, but for side dishes and soup. Common rice bowls are ceramic. These lacquered woodware are ideal for soup as they are not hot to the touch when you lift them to drink from.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rice Cowl set and serving tray help please  

WOW!! what a sumptuous looking meal!! Thank you for the new perspective.The cups,bowls etc.are also an art form with texture color and images that inspire emotion.Makes me have a new revulsion for my chippy bowl of Hamburger Helper! My wife will have to step up her game!