Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Samurai sword - part two

Article about: Hello guys, you all have been of a great help with detecting the fake officer sword. The collector from whom I got this sword really felt bad about it. Now he makes me a new offer: an NCO sa

Youssouf
    ?

Default Samurai sword - part two

Hello guys, you all have been of a great help with detecting the fake officer sword. The collector from whom I got this sword really felt bad about it. Now he makes me a new offer: an NCO samurai sword, a theater made samurai sword (periode 1944/1945), a Japanees flag with all inds of marks, A piece of paper with all kinds af Japaneese marks and a kind of cap. Pictures are enclosed. I like the offer but what opinions do you, fellow collectors have? Is it an interesting offer?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Samurai sword - part two   Samurai sword - part two  

Samurai sword - part two   Samurai sword - part two  

?

Default Re: Samurai sword - part two

The jingasa ( hat ) is a late Edo period piece 1800 to 1860 with a clan symbol painted on the front. Value $100.00 to $150.00. It is missing the inside pillow and chin ties.
    I do not get any warm fuzzies about either sword.
    The paper ( to me ) has little value.
    The flag I just do not know about. I do not know enough about WWII Jap kanji to say anything that could help.
    Hope this is of some help.
    Steve

Youssouf
    ?

Quote by SteveR View Post
    The jingasa ( hat ) is a late Edo period piece 1800 to 1860 with a clan symbol painted on the front. Value $100.00 to $150.00. It is missing the inside pillow and chin ties.
    I do not get any warm fuzzies about either sword.
    The paper ( to me ) has little value.
    The flag I just do not know about. I do not know enough about WWII Jap kanji to say anything that could help.
    Hope this is of some help.
    Steve
    Thanks for yuor reaction Steve, it has been worthy at least for the hat as well as both swords.

?

Hi Youssouf , the nco sword is fine , but i do not like the other one , the prayer flag is a very nice example and the paper looks nice , the jingasa i do not know a lot about but certainly looks authentic
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

The NCO sword is not right. Arsenal marks are placed wrong and just incorrect, blade serial number is incorrect for the scabbard type, the scabbard throat looks wrong,(could just be the angle of the shot) the groove is wrong, etc. A reproduction. Sorry, Jim

Youssouf
    ?

Quote by guntojim View Post
    The NCO sword is not right. Arsenal marks are placed wrong and just incorrect, blade serial number is incorrect for the scabbard type, the scabbard throat looks wrong,(could just be the angle of the shot) the groove is wrong, etc. A reproduction. Sorry, Jim
    Hello Jim, thanks for you comment but I really do not see what is wrong about my NCO sword. I have seen a lot of pictures of these swords and they all seem to be produced in the same way as my sword. Please show me some pictures of the correct type of NCO sword, perhaps one from your collection? What is wrong with the serial number and the arsenal marks? In all swords I have seen these arsenal marks all at the same place as in my sword. The groove is very sharp in my sword and the scabbard?? I really think you see more than I do. So please show me some pictures to learn. Thanks in advance!

Youssouf, Did you get my reply to your questions? Hope so, as it took me 20 minutes to type it up! {1 fingered typist} If not, just to keep it simpler, Google "Japanese NCO swords " and you'll see what I'm talking about. Regards, Jim

Hmm, that one went thru, wonder what happened to the first post. Take a look at that site , or get hold of Fuller and Gregorys and Dawsons books for more in-depth info. [The site is cheaper} Regards again, Jim

Youssouf
    ?

I am sorry Jim, but your email did not get through, but I will see what is written to the website. If you want you can mail me direct at paul@inexs.nl. Thanks so far!!

Yep, sadly both swords are fake.