Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Shinto wakizashi

Article about: I have the chance to buy for my son this wakizashi. It's maker is said to be Echizen Kaneshige 1596-1624. I need help with the tang translation. The sword is in part military and family moun

Default Shinto wakizashi

I have the chance to buy this wakizashi for my son. It's maker is said to be Echizen Kaneshige 1596-1624.i do not know if the blade is that old, that is why I need help with the tang translation. The sword is in part military and family mount. It may be a old blade due to been a vet pick up it having the combat cover and not being a Katana.
    Marty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Shinto wakizashi   Shinto wakizashi  

Shinto wakizashi   Shinto wakizashi  

Shinto wakizashi  
    Last edited by Tank Destroyer; 09-05-2015 at 02:49 AM.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

More
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Shinto wakizashi   Shinto wakizashi  

Shinto wakizashi  

Hello Marty,
    I like this example and I don't really see anything other than the weather cover that would indicate military use.
    In many ways, it is quite similar to the last one I picked up.
    My New,(old) Japanese Sword
    Love the pierced tsuba and it appears to have a nice temper line!
    I think this would be a very nice start to your son's Japanese sword collection.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Ralph thanks for the postive comment. Collin earned his black belt this year and I am looking for an old Katana but this one came along and I think he would be happy with it.
    Marty

MAP
    ?

I'd be happy with it!!! Nice one Marty! He earned it!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

He may have really earned it tonight, he broke his nose sparing. It is all his fault, he sould have kept his hands up.

MAP
    ?

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    He may have really earned it tonight, he broke his nose sparing. It is all his fault, he sould have kept his hands up.
    Your kid breaks his nose and you are blaming him. You sound like my wife LoL!!!!

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Tough love..man ...tough love!!!
    "This country needs to man up" quote from my son.
    Marty

MAP
    ?

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    Tough love..man ...tough love!!!
    "This country needs to man up" quote from my son.
    Marty
    Could not agree more. We (my wife) tells my kids that all the time.

?

Hey Marty,
    That is a very nice looking traditional made sword. I can't help with the translation . I am a student in learning. But the nakago looks to have that age for that smith. The kissaki is clean and has a crisp defining line. Like Ralph had already mentioned. That pierced tsuba just adds to the elegant workmanship you want to see!
    Your a Good Dad!!!! There will need to be the appropriate gifting ceremony

It may be the pictures but the blade looks longer than a wakizashi . How long is it?

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast