Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Small translation request: 4 Kanji ideograms on projectile driving band

Article about: Hi, I am currently writing several articles on Japanese ammunition and the first parts have been published in the ECRA bulletins. The one I'm currently doing is on early IJN ammunition and i

?

Default Small translation request: 4 Kanji ideograms on projectile driving band

Hi,

I am currently writing several articles on Japanese ammunition and the first parts have been published in the ECRA bulletins. The one I'm currently doing is on early IJN ammunition and it's almost done.
    However, I'm still continuing my research as to headstamps and other markings like on projectiles. One person sent in some pictures for my research and asked too if I knew what the Kanji ideograms on the driving band read.

Pictures are attached. Can anyone tell me what the ideograms are and what they mean?
    The outcome may be VERY important for my research and the owner of the item also really wants to know what they mean.

Thanks in advance, and cheers,
    Olafo

Small translation request: 4 Kanji ideograms on projectile driving bandSmall translation request: 4 Kanji ideograms on projectile driving bandSmall translation request: 4 Kanji ideograms on projectile driving bandSmall translation request: 4 Kanji ideograms on projectile driving band

?

App. meaning.
    These 4 kanji are usually used to give good wish to others.Small translation request: 4 Kanji ideograms on projectile driving bandSmall translation request: 4 Kanji ideograms on projectile driving band

?

Dear Chen,
    Thank you very much!
    I am not much surprised by this outcome, as I too was thinking that these markings were possibly commemorative (as is often the case on items found in Japan).
    Also, I am of course not educated in Asian languages, so I may be wrong and this may sound silly, but: the Kanji look like rather complex ones. Are they perhaps Chinese instead of Japanese ones?
    Thank you very much,
    Olafo

?

Japanese uses Chinese Kanji in their writing, however, some of the Japanese Kanji are modified.