MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The state of our hobby

Article about: Wondering if anyone has seen any recent collecting shifts, trends, etc. in our hobby over the past few months, year that are noteworthy? In my corner of the hobby, it seems like a lot more p

?

Default The state of our hobby

Wondering if anyone has seen any recent collecting shifts, trends, etc. in our hobby over the past few months, year that are noteworthy?

In my corner of the hobby, it seems like a lot more pre/WW2 era Japanese paper is coming onto market from Japan. Pricing is high for some reason, but it seems like several Japan based dealers have high prices on their items when they hit ebay. Unfortunately, this will not bode well for collecting in the future when people are looking for "vet captured" items and are offered finds from post war Japan. It will make vet. provenance and capture stamps/paperwork/written kanji even more important since the history of the items can't be taken at face value any more.

How about other aspects of our hobby? Helmets, uniforms, swords, etc. Any big changes? Drop off in interest? I am interested to hear your thoughts.

Thanks!

Tom

In the UK de acts are taking a hit, once valuable now reducing rapidly.

?

In the United States Japanese items are getting crazy. I Japanese Type 99 Arisaka sling sold for over $640.00, Original WW2 Japanese Rifle Sling | eBay.
    You tell me why??
    kaydee

?

In the UK de acts are taking a hit, once valuable now reducing rapidly.

Is there a legislative reason for this, etc.?

Tom

Here in belgium in the last year 3 collectors i know sold their japanese collection. And i must say i bought nice items from them on attractive prices.
    For the prices i have my sources in japan so i d'ont have the problem paying to mutch.

Regards Delibes

From a US and more specifically a Midwest perspective (There is a large variation in pricing from the coasts to the Midwest IMHO) I have also seen prices on Japanese items going up quicker than others. I have also been seeing a younger crowd buying items which is good. There will be more very nice items on the market in the next few years as collections are liquidated. JMHO though. Expensive items still have a limited market, no change there.
    John

Pretty much early specs some could be stripped, cocked and dry fired the EU now want them to be almost totally welded together.

?

There is a collector theory that this is because in the continental EU licensing for a non deactivated antique is much easier than in the UK.... and they are basically trolling the UK for being so prissy about guns.

I think it's more a hallmark of bureaucracy, inventing jobs for the sake of appearing to be 'doing something', rather than tackling the actual problems regarding illegal guns within the EU.

B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    I think it's more a hallmark of bureaucracy, inventing jobs for the sake of appearing to be 'doing something', rather than tackling the actual problems regarding illegal guns within the EU.

B.B.
    The bigger issue is there should not be any illegal guns in the EU, within reason of course.
    John

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast