Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Suicide Attack!

Article about: Not sure if you guys would be interested in this since its American, but thought I would share in this forum anyway. It is a movie poster from the 1940s that is uncut. I bought this item fro

Default Suicide Attack!

Not sure if you guys would be interested in this since its American, but thought I would share in this forum anyway.

It is a movie poster from the 1940s that is uncut. I bought this item from an antique dealer who found all of these in the back of an old theater.

I like how the tab begs the question "were you there?"

Here is an exert from IMDB about the movie:

This film was cobbled together from Japanese newsreels and propaganda films, to boost home-front morale, filmed during World War Two. It shows the early conquests of Japan, beginning with the sneak attack and bombing of Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941 and the declaration of war against the United States by Tojo. It includes archive footage of the bombings of MAnila and the Philippines, the Japanese invasion of Manila with paratroopers and a visit to the captured islands by Tojo. Footage used in this compilation film also included the bombing and surrender of Corregidor, the infamous Bataan Death March, the bombing of Hong Kong and the invasion of Burma, and the jungle warfare, leading to, when the tide of the war shifted in favor of the Allies, young Japanese pilots being sent out on suicide missions.

Suicide Attack!Suicide Attack!Suicide Attack!Suicide Attack!Suicide Attack!Suicide Attack!

I like it! Thanks for sharing.

Mart

Pretty cool piece of history!