Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Tiger Senninbari

Article about: Hello all,I just received my eagerly awaited package today containing the second senninbari in my collection.Most of you are familiar with the Hinomaru Yosigaki or "Good Luck" flag

?

Well worth the effort Geoff , it looks great mounted in that frame .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

?

That framing shows it off beautifully Geoff, nice work!

Regards

Russ

?

Very nicely displayed, puts me to shame, I bought one in Japan at the back end of last year with all the intentions of framing it, I've been working away so much that I rely on this thread to keep reminding me I still have it.
    Steve

Awesome example, great job framing it, most of my framed stuff came from Michaels also, frame only of course lol

Beautiful Geoff. A first class piece and an excellent frame job.
    I recently picked myself up a fine looking tiger senninbari and your display has prompted me to go and have mine framed similar to yours.

Thank you grimnar,the only down side to mounting one is you will make your wife or girlfriend mad when you turn on the light at 3 in the morning on your way to the bathroom to admire it!! Regards,Geoff

Default Tiger Senninbari

Geoff-
    Very nice job of framing Geoff. I found that my local Michael's store does a superb job as well. They may be different from store to store, however, mine follows museum conservation methods including acid free backer board, acid free tape (when needed), UV filtered forms of glass, and conservation method stitching of the item to be displayed, if necessary. It's also important to be sure that the cloth has space between it and the glass for air circulation in order to prevent moisture from accumulating on to the piece. If this occurs, you can get mildew or invite bugs to take up home in the cloth somewhere. Again, very nice looking!

MichaelB

Hello MichaelB,I am glad to be the first to welcome you here to the forum! I know you will be a Great asset here.Although it costs a bit more to use the archival materials I always feel it is worth the sacrifice to preserve the Items for the future.After all is said and done we are only the caretakers of these items until they go to a new home.I always feel better knowing that they will at least last for the next generations. I like it as well because I will be able to look at them once I get the War Room put together without having to take them out of a drawer!

Regards,Geoff

I can't agree with you more Geoff on the value in going the extra mile to have your items framed correctly. Beautiful senninbari! Thank you too for the warm welcome- much appreciated. MichaelB

?

A warm welcome from me also Michael
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast