Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Translation Help - Dog Tag

Article about: Hi, I am wondering if someone can help me with the translation of this dog tag. I've browsed half a dozen threads on here and learned a lot about how these tags are read, although I wasn't a

Default Translation Help - Dog Tag

Hi,

I am wondering if someone can help me with the translation of this dog tag. I've browsed half a dozen threads on here and learned a lot about how these tags are read, although I wasn't able to find a list of unit numbers online. Can someone please let me know what unit this belonged to?

Thank you.

Translation Help - Dog Tag

?

It is an unusual unit: Unit code number 12366 for the 3rd Mobile Ordnance Repair Unit, Soldier #144. The code kanji is jenked, but this unit was under the 14th Area Army/Shobu Group in the Philippines.

Tom

They were one of the depot units and repaired everything from tanks to planes.

Quote by nick komiya View Post
    They were one of the depot units and repaired everything from tanks to planes.
    What we Infantry used to call the "Messkit Repair Company" or "Typewriter Repair Company".

Thank you everyone for taking the time to write, that is really cool. I find these tags fascinating.