Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

tsuba mei

Article about: I have had this Wak for a year & decided to dis-assemble to oil & take a few measurements. I was looking over the tsuba closely & noticed some kanji ! can it be translated? thx i

?

Default tsuba mei

I have had this Wak for a year & decided to dis-assemble to oil & take a few measurements. I was looking over the tsuba closely & noticed some kanji ! can it be translated? thx in advance !
    Bill S
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture tsuba mei   tsuba mei  

?

Default oh...more

comp tsuba & part blade
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture tsuba mei   tsuba mei  

tsuba mei  

It looks like
    正次
    Masatsugu

But I guess there were many of the same name? Here's a nice tsuba with a much nicer engraving -- definitely different craftsmen.

larger image here

--Guy

?

Thx Guy ! so my pics are upside down ? but I don't quite see that... & that site with that tsuba is crazy $$$$$! lol

?

So no other suggestions ?

When it comes to(no offense)lower quality tsuba, there often is not a lot of information available.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

No offence taken. I was surprised to find a sig ! I was at a sword show with Japanese dealers & one told me it was very old. back when the tsuba was a hand guard not so much an art piece. thx all

Guy knows his stuff!

Quote by Dannyjunkfish View Post
    Guy knows his stuff!
    Errrr .... Dan ..... not really. I can do some basic Japanese and can research a bit. But I think that most members on this forum (e.g., Bob C.) know WAY more than I.

But thanks for the compliment.
    --Guy

Quote by BillS View Post
    No offence taken. I was surprised to find a sig ! I was at a sword show with Japanese dealers & one told me it was very old. back when the tsuba was a hand guard not so much an art piece. thx all
    There are many plain iron solid tsuba signed "Kunihiro" which are a mass produced guard. Your p0hotos of your tsuba are too dark to make out any detail. If you post clearer detailed pictures, possibly we can give you more information. If so, post the tsuba the same as the one Guy posted as you presently have it on it's side.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.