Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Two japanese badges

Article about: Hi guys! I have a question about badges. I got them together with the Japanese military medals. Could you tell me please, that this for badges. Thanks.Tim

Default Two japanese badges

Hi guys! I have a question about badges. I got them together with the Japanese military medals. Could you tell me please, that this for badges. Thanks.Tim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two japanese badges   Two japanese badges  

Two japanese badges   Two japanese badges  

Two japanese badges  

First one is for the Greater Japan Women's National Defense Association's Head of the Sendai area.

Second one is dated 1936 Oct 10th and commemorates an inspection carried out in Kyoto of the Police and Fire Brigade by Prince Nashimoto.

Thanks a lot Nick! Please tell me first badge relates to the period on or after ww2? How and where was it attached to the clothes?

The first broach is from the period 1932-42, which was when the Association existed. The accessory is called an Obi-dome and was used to adorn the waist cloth of a woman's kimono, called an Obi. It was a decoration placed on the thinner straps used to keep the Obi in place, but did not have any functions like a belt buckle and purely ornamental. See below for an example being worn.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two japanese badges  

Thanks again Nick! It becomes more interesting for me,thanks to Your knowledge! Sincerely,Tim