Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Two Japanese type-95 Nco sword, real or fake?

Article about: Hey guys! Mind telling your opinion on these guys. First one has been reapainted and chromed sometime copper residue. Annoyed from this ads?  

Default Two Japanese type-95 Nco sword, real or fake?

Hey guys! Mind telling your opinion on these guys. First one has been reapainted and chromed sometime copper residue.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two Japanese type-95 Nco sword, real or fake?   Two Japanese type-95 Nco sword, real or fake?  

Two Japanese type-95 Nco sword, real or fake?   Two Japanese type-95 Nco sword, real or fake?  

Two Japanese type-95 Nco sword, real or fake?   Two Japanese type-95 Nco sword, real or fake?  

?

Nagoya markings?

Quote by Danger View Post
    Nagoya markings?
    No idea, I know zip about swords. I tried to picture all the markings.

?

Hi Danny?
    The sword that has been chromed is Nagoya (blade and scabbard), the other is a Tokyo 1st blade (under Kokura) with a mismatched Nagoya scabbard.
    To me it appears that someone post war had chromed the first sword and then subsequently someone has tried to buff the chrome off, leaving the copper base residues visible in places. They obviously gave up and abandoned the project afterwards.
    Overall ok for some wallhangers that you don't mind people playing with.

added-
    The scabbards have 'Na'stamps on the drags, for Nagoya.

Quote by stegel View Post
    Hi Danny?
    The sword that has been chromed is Nagoya (blade and scabbard), the other is a Tokyo 1st blade (under Kokura) with a mismatched Nagoya scabbard.
    To me it appears that someone post war had chromed the first sword and then subsequently someone has tried to buff the chrome off, leaving the copper base residues visible in places. They obviously gave up and abandoned the project afterwards.
    Overall ok for some wallhangers that you don't mind people playing with.

added-
    The scabbards have 'Na'stamps on the drags, for Nagoya.
    Thanks for the input!

?

Both original NCO swords in bad condition.

Quote by Gunto View Post
    Both original NCO swords in bad condition.
    Thanks!