MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Type 94 Holsters & Accessories

Article about: Since I was going through my holster collection I thought I should post the items for the Japanese Type 94 pistol. The three leather examples all have steel hardware and would be considered

Default Type 94 Holsters & Accessories

Since I was going through my holster collection I thought I should post the items for the Japanese Type 94 pistol.
    The three leather examples all have steel hardware and would be considered later war, post 1940. It is my understanding the holsters made in the 30's would have brass or nickel bras hardware. Also shown is a shoulder strap, waist belt, lanyard, cleaning rod and box of 8mm Nambu ammunition.
    The 1st holster and 2nd holster have some markings with the 1st having a complete marking and the 2nd having only an inspector mark. The canvas holster is the coarse weave type, more common, and has markings on the belt loop that I have not figured out yet.
    I would like some help with the holster markings please.

John

Type 94 Holsters & AccessoriesType 94 Holsters & AccessoriesType 94 Holsters & AccessoriesType 94 Holsters & AccessoriesType 94 Holsters & Accessories

MAP
    ?

Very very nice John. I hear the holsters sometimes cost as much as the pistols...however I do not know if that is correct.

I would concur that the brass hardware is earlier. I have a near mint early Nambu holster with this set up.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Wow, they are in beautiful condition!!

Wonderful items from your collection!

Regards

Russ

Quote by MAP View Post
    Very very nice John. I hear the holsters sometimes cost as much as the pistols...however I do not know if that is correct.

I would concur that the brass hardware is earlier. I have a near mint early Nambu holster with this set up.
    Map, IMHO I would say a general rule is the holsters value is approximately 40% of the gun for the Japanese pistols. There are certainly exceptions to my general rule but not a bad benchmark to get close.
    John

?

Great collection

John boy, you have been holding out on us. Stunning collection.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

Type 94 Holsters & Accessories

Nice holster Type4. Great variation on the middle one. Not often seen. Thanks for sharing.
    John

Hi John, do you have the pistols that came in these holsters? I have a type 94 holster but the stitching is coming apart. Have you done any repairs to get to the great condition you have there. I have a very late dated pistol. The canvas holster is probably my favorite.

Regards;
    John

I need a clearer photo (hi rez) of that stamp with the line of kanji. It's too fuzzy to read.

The single stamp:

Tō/Higashi [east]
    Probably an abbreviation for Tōkyō [東京].

--Guy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast