Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

"Type 98" shin guntō

Article about: Hello everyone, this time i believe i have a "Type 98" shin guntō ... If someone could help me once again with the Kanji, i would really appreciate it

Default "Type 98" shin guntō

Hello everyone, this time i believe i have a "Type 98" shin guntō ... If someone could help me once again with the Kanji, i would really appreciate it
    "Type 98" shin guntō"Type 98" shin guntō"Type 98" shin guntō"Type 98" shin guntō"Type 98" shin guntō"Type 98" shin guntō"Type 98" shin guntō"Type 98" shin guntō"Type 98" shin guntō"Type 98" shin guntō"Type 98" shin guntō"Type 98" shin guntō"Type 98" shin guntō

I cannot help you with the translation. But I would love to see the whole blade. the family crest on handle has really got my curiosity up
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

It just looks like a basic blade mate,imo nothing special unfortunately

Wizard,

Hopefully, Guy will find your thread and give you a smith name. In the meantime - that's an OLD blade, in very nice fittings (those seppa are usually an upgrade) with a family crest (kamon). I've lost my good link to kamon names, but someone will have one soon!

ive only had this sword for a week..i was in a police station asking a question when a guy walked in with this in a blanket..straight away i saw the handle, so i walked over and asked what he was doing..he was there to hand it over to be destroyed as his 40 year old meth addict son had threatened to kill him, so he was removing anything dangerous ..so i offered him $100 and here it is

Score!!!!!!!!
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Nice old wakizashi which appears to be Late Muromachi. Can you get a clearer picture of the bottom kanji? The top one is Toshi.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

MAP
    ?

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    Score!!!!!!!!
    Now THAT is an understatement.

Wizard: I will double your money
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thats Australian dollars, so about $78 US

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast